There are two ways in which you can enable or disable flow collection in Entuity.
To enable or disable flow collection via the Flow Inventory page:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Flow Inventory. This opens the Flow Inventory page.
- The table on this page will display the devices on each server on which you can collect flow information. In the Collecting column, click Yes/No (dependent on whether flow information is already being collected on that device). This opens the Flow Collector Inventory window.
- This window gives you a summary of the flow collection on that device. To start or stop flow collection, tick the Start/Stop collecting flow data on: [server] box, and click Start/Stop below it. Otherwise, click Cancel to exit the window without saving changes.
- Flow collection will then start/stop immediately, and the value in the Collecting column will update immediately.
To enable or disable flow collection via a dashboard:
- Navigate to the View or Subview that contains the device on which you want to enable flow collection and open either the Flow dashboard or a custom dashboard that contains the Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet.
- In the Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet, select the device on which you want to start collecting flow.
- In the dashlet's Overflow Menu, click Start Flow Collection. Flow collection will begin immediately and the Collecting column in the dashlet's table will update accordingly.
- To stop collecting flow information, select the device and, in the Overflow Menu, click Stop Flow Collection. The Collecting column in the dashlet's table will be updated accordingly.