Across ENA as a whole, the various managed objects in your network are arranged into hierarchies - managed objects will have relationships with their parent objects and child objects.
Drilling down into the managed virtual environment works in the same way. The hierarchy of virtual environment is VM platform > hypervisor > virtual machine > managed host.
To drill down into a virtual environment:
- Navigate to the VM platform that you want to look at, via the Explorer or the Virtualization dashboard for a selected View. On the Virtualization dashboard, go to the Virtualization Platforms dashlet and click the name of the VM platform you want to look at.
- This will open the Summary dashboard of the selected VM platform.
- Go to the Hypervisors/Zones dashlet to find the hypervisor you want to look at (or the Virtual Switches dashlet to find the virtual switch you want to look at. Both of these dashlets are Table dashlets.).
- This will open the Summary dashboard of the selected hypervisor. In the Virtual Machines dashlet, find the virtual machine you want to look at. This is also a Table dashlet.
- This will open the Summary dashboard for the selected virtual machine. From here you can see details of the selected virtual machine.
Virtualization dashboards and dashlets:
Please see the following articles for help and information on the system dashboards and dashlets relating to virtualization. You can also create your own custom dashboard and add to it virtualization dashlets as you wish.