You can modify the attributes ENA uses to manage a device.
You may want to modify these attributes, for example, when:
- setting CLI access.
- you can set CLI details for multiple devices. For example, to set the same access details for all Cisco devices, highlight all the Cisco devices in on the Device Inventory page and then click Modify.
- the read community string on a device has changed.
- a device is successfully polled only intermittently.
- in this case, you could extend SNMP timeout and retry values.
- a managed device has been replaced and the new device has inherited the old IP address.
- in this case, the device is under management but it might be using e.g. a different version of SNMP, or a different vendor file.
- an incorrect device type is associated with a device, e.g. VM platforms running SNMP may be incorrectly identified as managed hosts.
To modify attributes ENA uses to manage a device:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Device Inventory.
- Select the device you want to modify and click Modify at the bottom of the browser. This will open the Modify Devices window.
- The available fields are the same as when you add a device.
- Once you have made your changes, click OK to save, otherwise click Cancel.
Administrators have full access to ENA device inventory management tools. If you are a non-administrator, your level of access to these tools is determined by the permissions assigned to the user groups of which you are a member.
The Inventory Administration user permission permits you to use the Add Device, Modify and Delete functionality from the Device Inventory page.