This article has been superseded by ENA v18.0. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
After each discovery, SurePath compares the reference path with the actual path. When the path changes, SurePath will identify the change by:
- raising a 'Network Path Changed from Reference' incident and event that identify the changed path.
- placing an exclamation mark icon [symbol] where the changes occurred in the network path.
You can also view the history of a path to check on path stability and identify path flapping.
To set a path as a reference path:
- On the Path History page, select the discovered path that you want to specify as the reference path.
- Click View Details to open the Path Discovery dashlet for the path.
- In the dashlet's Overflow Menu, click Set As Reference Path.
To check path stability:
There are three ways you can check path stability:
- Via path history. SurePath retains the history of a path for eight days.
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Application Path Discovery and go to the Path tab.
- Select the path for which you want to view the history and click View History at the bottom of the browser.
- This will open the Path History page for the selected path. This page has a table displaying the details of the path.
- You can sort the table columns into ascending and descending order by clicking on the column headings. You can also increase or decrease the width of the columns by dragging from the dividing line between each column.
- To show all the recorded history, untick the Show Changes Only box at the bottom of the browser.
- To view further details on the path at a particular time and date in its history, select the row at the desired time and click View Details at the bottom of the browser. This will open the Summary dashboard for the selected path, with the Path Discovery dashlet displaying a topological map of the path at the selected time and date.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Timestamp||time and date of the path discovery.|
|Duration(ms)||duration of the discovery process.|
|Depth||minimum number of hops between the source and destination devices for the path.|
|Hop Count||total number of discovered hops between the source and destination devices.|
|Server Count||number of servers managing devices on the path.|
- Via path topology.
- Navigate to the Paths tab on the Application Path Discovery page.
- Select the path that you want to view, and click View Details at the bottom of the browser.
- The Summary dashboard for the selected path will open, containing the Path Discovery dashlet.
- An exclamation mark icon [symbol] will appear where the changes occurred on the network path. Click on the exclamation mark icon to view further details about the change.
- Via incidents and events. SurePath will raise an event to warn that a specific condition is currently present, for example in the instance of a path change.