Entuity manages Oracle VM Manager through the VM Platform device type.
Before adding an Oracle VM Manager to Entuity, ensure that you:
- have the security certificate for the VM.
- can communicate with the VM from Entuity.
- have the appropriate connection details.
To add an Oracle VM Manager to Entuity:
- From the command line on the Entuity server, navigate to entuity_home/lib/virtualization. This is where the ovmCert.jar file resides.
- Apply the VM certificate by entering on the command line:
\entuity_home\install\JRE\bin\java -cp ovmCert.jar InstallCert <params>
where <params> is the hostname of the machine and the port, e.g. oraclvm:4443.
- When the Entuity server successfully communicates with the VM, it displays the certificate on the screen. Press enter to accept the certificate, which is then written to the Entuity server's certificate folder, jssecacerts. This folder is created the first time you add a certificate, and is used for all certificates in the same director.
- From the Device Inventory page, you can now add the Oracle VM Manager.