User Defined Polling enables you to add user defined collectors that can be assigned to attributes.
To add a user defined collector:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click User Defined Polling. This will open the User Defined Polling page.
- Go to the Collectors tab and click Add in the bottom left of the browser.
- A window titled Please select an example device will open. Here, you can select the example device against which you want to test your new defined collector. Enter a search term and click Search to find an example device to use while defining the collector. Select your preferred device and click Next, or Cancel to exit.
- In the User Defined Collector (User Defined Attribute) window, enter a name for the new attribute in the Name field. By default, ENA adds the prefix ud_. You can amend or delete this prefix. However, this prefix is helpful to distinguish between system collector and user defined collectors, for example in the case of a future ENA upgrade that includes an collector with the same name as a user defined collector.
- Enter a description for the attribute in the Description field.
- Specify the StormWorks object type in the Object Type field.
- Specify the user defined attribute name from which the user defined collector will be polling in the Attribute field.
- Browse for the OID used to poll the attribute via Browse next to the OID field. This opens the MIB Browser window. Locate the OID and click OK.