Entuity enables you to export data from the Entuity business management database to a separate, user-definable target database.
When extracting data from the Entuity database for export, you can use a dataset definition to define which data is extracted.
There are four types of dataset definitions that you can create:
- Object Attributes - identifies attributes that Entuity does not maintain a historic record for. These include attributes:
- that rarely change value, e.g. device name.
- that do not require a change history, e.g. community string.
- Time Series Attributes - identifies attributes that Entuity maintains a historic record for, e.g. port utilization data.
- View Membership - identifies which components are in a selected view.
- Topology - identifies associations between managed objects.
With data export, you can:
- export Entuity data to a separate target database.
- query and report on data collected from more than one Entuity server.
- export to the same database from multiple Entuity servers, and to the same tables within that database.
Please see this article on how to create, edit or delete a dataset definition.