You can create a Topology dataset definition to identify associations between managed objects. Entuity identifies peering between devices at the interface level, and allows you to select relationships within the context of the technology used to discover the relationship, e.g. Frame Relay, IP peering, CDP.
When you create a topology dataset, you must specify the attributes you want to export for both sides of the relationshup. For IP Peering, the list of available attributes are those against the:
- topology node.
This reflects how Entuity holds the association between the port and its topology node. The
peering information is held within the topology node. By default the only information
displayed on the topology node is its StormWorks identifier.
To create a Topology dataset definition:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Database Export. This opens the Data Export Datasets page.
- Under the Create New section, click Topology. This opens the Dataset Definition (Topology) page.
- Enter a unique name for the dataset definition in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the dataset definition in the Description field.
- Choose which association type you want to include in the dataset definition from the list in the Link dropdown list.
- If you want to view the whole Entuity database, tick the Include Hidden Data box. By default this is unticked, meaning that Data Export only displays the links that are considered most relevant to network management.
- The name of the table to which the dataset definition is exported is given in the Target Table by default. You can edit this name if you want to.
- Select which topology attributes you want to include in the dataset definition from the available lists in the Primary AtmVcc Topology Node Attributes and Secondary Frdlci Topology Node Attributes fields.
- Click Save to immediately save the dataset, or Preview to view it before saving. Click Back to cancel the process without saving and return to the Data Export Datasets page.
([component type]) -> [attribute name]
e.g. (Computer Blade) -> Serial Number.