You can create a Time Series Attributes dataset definition to specify attributes for which Entuity maintains a historic record, e.g. port utilization data. This is data that Entuity expects to change frequently, and considers a history of change to be important.
To create a Time Series Attributes dataset definition:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Database Export. This opens the Data Export Datasets page.
- Under the Create New section, click Time Series Attributes. This opens the Dataset Definition (Time Series Attributes) page.
- Enter a unique name for the dataset definition in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the dataset definition in the Description field.
- Choose which StormWorks component you want to include in the dataset from the list in the Component dropdown list.
- If you want to view the whole Entuity database, tick the Include Hidden Data box. By default this is unticked, meaning that Data Export only displays the dataset objects and attributes that are considered most relevant to network management.
- Choose which data type you want for the selected component from the list in the Time series dropdown list.
- The name of the table to which the dataset definition is exported is given in the Target Table by default. You can edit this name if you want to.
- Select which attributes you want to include in the dataset definition from the available list in the Attributes field. This list is determined by the component that you have chosen in the Component field above. This list includes:
- attributes of your chosen component.
- attributes of component types with which your chosen component has a one-to-one association.
- attributes of component types with which your chosen component has a one-to-many association, e.g. if you chose the Port component then Entuity also displays the attributes of its device.
- Click Save to immediately save the dataset, or Preview to view it before saving. Click Back to cancel the process without saving and return to the Data Export Datasets page.
([component type]) -> [attribute name]
e.g. (Computer Blade) -> Serial Number.