This article has been superseded by Entuity v19.0. For the latest information on this topic, please see this article.
To edit device management level
ENA manages devices using one of the following management levels. The management interface of all devices under ENA management must be available to ICMP ping. ENA uses ping information to calculate reachability and latency information for the device. When the management interface has ping disabled, ENA reports latency and reachability as Unknown.
Device management level is set when adding the device.
Device management levels:
|Full||ENA fully manages the device and all its interfaces.|
|Full (Mgmt Port Only)||ENA v17.0 P08 upwards - ENA fully manages the device but only manages the management interface.|
|Full (No Ports)||ENA fully manages the device but does not maintain any port level information.|
ENA collects only basic system information and the full IP address table via SNMP. This management level is used in the following cases:
|Ping Only||ENA does not collect SNMP data for these devices. It only reports whether these devices respond to ICMP ping.|
|None||ENA does not manage the device. None is only available with the Custom Device device type, which is used to represent devices in ENA that are not managed by ENA.|
To edit device management level:
You can edit a device's management level after it has been added:
- Click Main Menu and then Administration. This will open the Administration page.
- Click Device Inventory. This will open the Device Inventory page.
- Find and select the device that you would like to edit. Click Modify at the bottom of the window.
- This will open the Modify Devices window.
- In the Management Level dropdown field, select the management level to which you would like to change the device.
- Click OK to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.
Please sign in to leave a comment.