This covers a fresh installation and configuration of Entuity for Windows.
If you want to know how to upgrade an installation, please take the Installation and Upgrade course on our training site or contact our support team.
Important: Please review the list of Known Issues before starting installation.
1. Preparing for install
- Entuity uses a secure FTP server to distribute its network analytics software. The Entuity FTP server is located here: ftp.entuity.com. Access to the Entuity FTP site requires a valid username and password that can be obtained from Entuity Support:
- If you have purchased the software, please contact Entuity Support and they will be able to provide you the necessary details.
- If you are trialing Entuity software, please contact your Sales Engineer and they will be able to help you.
- For added security, the FTP site requires connection via SFTP.
- Open the ftppub folder, and then open the Images folder. Download the Entuity image which is a compressed file.
- You will need to decompress the downloaded image. Note, when decompressing the image on Windows, WinZip will offer to unzip the ISO file contained in the zip file - do not unpack the ISO file.
- Mount the decompressed image as a virtual drive on your system.
2. Installing Entuity
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the mounted image and double click install.exe.
- This opens a welcome message. The next page will ask you to agree to the Entuity terms and conditions.
- On the following page, set the location of your installation folder.
- On the following page, click Install.