This article has been superseded by ENA v18.0. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
SurePath network path discovery may fail because:
- there is no traffic between the source device and destination device at the time the discovery runs.
- the Entuity server(s) does not have all of the devices and interfaces under management.
- the Entuity server(s) has the the devices under management, but the servers are not configured to handle paths that include devices managed by different Entuity servers.
- the path includes an unsupported technology, e.g. MPLS.
- remote servers are not available, e.g. they have been taken down for maintenance and therefore information on the devices that they manage is not available.
To see where network path discovery has failed:
- Navigate to the Paths tab on the Application Path Discovery page.
- Select the path that you want to view, and click View Details at the bottom of the browser.
- The Summary dashboard for the selected path will open, containing the Path Discovery dashlet.
- An exclamation mark icon [symbol] will appear where the changes occurred on the network path. Click on the exclamation mark icon to view further details about the change.