- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Flow Inventory. This opens the Flow Inventory page.
- The table on this page will display the devices on each server on which you can collect flow information. The table details the following:
Field Name Field Description [Entuity Server] - [Flow Collector] name of the Entuity server managing the device, and then the name of the flow collector to which the device sends its flow data. On a dedicated flow collector, the flow collector name is repeated because a flow collector cannot identify the server that is managing the device. Device IP address or resolved name of the device that is exporting the data flow records. These records may contain many IP addresses, making host name resolution a potentially resource-intensive process. ENA uses a cache to quicken the process, and when the name cannot be resolved through the cache then the resolution request is queued. Collecting indicates whether the flow server is collecting data from interfaces on the device. Receiving (# of interfaces)
indicates the following:
-whether the flow collector is currently receiving flow data on any interfaces on the device.
-number of interfaces on the device for which it has received flow data in the previous 24 hours.
-total number of interfaces.
You can access the following functionality from this page:
- Tick the hide managed devices box if you want to identify devices that are collecting or sending flow data, but are not in the inventory.
- Click the device to drill down to that device's Summary dashboard.
- In the Collecting column, click Yes / No (depending on whether flow information is already being collected on that device) to open the Flow Collector Inventory window. This window gives you a summary of the flow collection on that device. To start or stop flow collection, tick the Start/Stop collecting flow data on: [server] box, and click Start/Stop below it. Otherwise, click Cancel to exit the window without saving changes. Flow collection will then start/stop immediately, and the value in the Collecting column will update immediately.
- In the Receiving (# of Interfaces) column, click the entry to open the Flow Inventory Details page for that device. This page displays a breakdown of the interfaces on the selected device, listing the interfaces and whether each has received flow information in the last 24 hours. Click on the interface name in the Interface column to drill down to its Summary dashboard, or click on the Yes / No in the Received in last 24 hours column to drill down to its Flow dashboard.