The Port Statistics Comparion report provides a comparison of mean utilization, volume, discard and faults percentage from up to 8 ports.
The report displays a summary table that identifies the ports and also the colors used with the pie charts below. The following pie charts are displayed:
- inbound utilization %.
- outbound utilization %.
- inbound volume %.
- outbound volume %.
- inbound faults as a % of packets.
- outbound faults as a % of packets.
- inbound discards as a % of packets.
- outbound discards as a % of packets.
The inbound and outbound utilization, volume, discard and fault pie charts include callouts of each port's value. The segments within the pie chart represents each port's metric as a proportion of the total value of that metric for included ports over the reporting period.
To run the Port Statistics Comparison report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Port Rate Chart.
- This will open the Port Rate Chart Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select View(s) dropdown field.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select device(s) dropdown field.
- Specify the port against which the report is to be run in the Please select port(s) dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- A v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.