ENA offers support for the software applications that license and configure Meraki Access Points. ENA manages Meraki devices via the cloud management platform (via SNMP), for wireless access points only.
What information does ENA collect from Meraki?
ENA polls the Meraki Wireless Controller to collect information about Meraki wireless access points:
- ICMP latency.
- SNMP latency.
- list of access points (APs) plus current Operational Status and Host Count.
Wireless controller access points
- name assigned to the access point (AP).
- IP address of the AP (this is not available when the switch is operating in the Layer 2 mode).
- MAC address of the AP.
- user-specified location of the AP.
- Meraki AP Mesh Status (e.g. gateway, repeater).
- AP model number.
- AP serial number.
- AP Group to which the AP has been associated.
- AP operational status.
- attached host count.
- list of AP interfaces.
- AP interface name.
- AP interface full name.
- AP interface speed (manually defined).
- inbound packet rate.
- outbound packet rate.
- inbound traffic.
- outbound traffic.
- inbound utilization % (available if interface speed is defined).
- outbound utilization % (available if interface speed is defined).
How do I add a Meraki Wireless Controller?
- The Wireless Controller does not listen on the usual SNMP TCP port number (16100 by default, rather than 161). This means you will need to set this TCP port number accordingly when adding the device. The port number can be set on the Wireless Controller settings page.
- Because the Wireless Controller does not send SNMP traps on the usual SNMP TCP port number, you will need to configure the Entuity trap receiver (prologV2) to listen for traps arriving on this additional port. To do this, you will need to enter the following into the root section of the entuity.cfg file:
where its value is a comma-separated list of ports, e.g. trapportnum=162,16200. This list will capture packets from devices that send traps to port 162 and devices that send traps to port 16200 (for Meraki).
How do I specify further attributes to be collected?
You can define further attribute information to be collected via the ENA User Defined Polling. There is an SNMP object for this on the Meraki controllers:
Value (OctetString): Entuity Limited
Please see the User Defined Polling section for help on how to add a user-defined attribute to be polled in ENA.