To check the ENA configuration:
If ENA fails to start amending configuration files, check the log files for indicators to see what has failed:
- From entuity_home/log, check systemControl.log for error and warning messages.
To check the ENA license:
If ENA runs, but the ENA integration for BMC Atrium CMDB features are absent, the problem may lie with the license file:
- In the Main Menu, click System Information.
- This opens the System Information page. Click the status icon in the License column.
- This opens the License Health page. If the ENA integration for BMC Atrium CMDB is not included in the license list in the second table, please contact your Entuity representative for a new license.
atriumExporter failure to connect to BMC Atrium CMDB:
When running atriumExporter, the BMC Atrium CMDB must always be running. This is the case even when running atriumExporter to create the Data Export database.
- Check for a failure to connect to BMC Atrium CMDB through entuity_home/log/atriumExporter.log.
- If there is a failure, atriumExporter will raise a message similar to:
2/04/2008 14:34:27 FATAL com.entuity.bmc.CMDBManager: AR Server login
failed. Please check AR server at 127.0.0.1 is running.
- If BMC Atrium CMDB is running and this error is still raised, check that the connection details in entuity_home/etc/Atrium.cfg are correct. If you need to make amendments to the connection details, make them to entuity_home/install/template/etc, and run configure. configure will then create a new version of entuity_home/etc/Atrium.cfg.
Warnings when importing data to the intermediate dataset:
During the transfer of data to the intermediate dataset, ENTUITY.IMPORT.TOPO, atriumExporter may raise warning messages regarding incomplete data. You can view these messages:
- from the command line, when running atriumExporter from the command line.
- in entuity_home/log/atriumExporter.log.
For example, if the device location attribute is not entered, atriumExporter cannot create a CI for that device location and will raise a warning that mandatory data is missing. If the location value for a device is missing, atriumExporter will raise this type of warning message:
2008-04-03 15:56:23,592 WARN com.entuity.bmc.AtriumExporter - Identity attribute can not be null or empty for a CI definition. [IdentityAttr=Name, CI=BMC_PhysicalLocation, NameSpace=BMC.CORE, Name=null, NameFormat=Location, MarkAsDeleted=null, ParentIdentity=67]
- ignore these messages and accept some device information is absent.
- enter values in ENA where the attributes are editable.
- enter the values on the device, e.g. on the device, enter its location.