You can open an ENA-originated AR in an AR System, and drill back to the source managed object using a URL.
The URL identifies the:
- Entuity server that manages the object.
- Entuity CGI that launches ENA.
- ENA user account that originated the AR (but not the user account password).
- managed object that is the root of the AR.
can be understood as:
- http://10.44.1.126/ , identifies the location of the Entuity web server.
- EOS/cgi/EYELauncher , identifies the CGI that launches ENA.
- --user=admin; , identifies the user account logging into ENA as an admin. When you want to login using a different account, amend the URL here (because it cannot be amended through the login dialog).
- --start=opener; opens ENA.
- eosObjectID=188.8.131.5290 identifies the ENA managed object. Managed object
identifiers can have one of two formats in ENA:
- -1.-1.-1.<objectId> (e.g. -1.-1.-1.34).
- object1.object2.object3.object4, e.g. 184.108.40.206 for a device, 220.127.116.1190 for a port.
To open ENA from AR System:
- From the AR, open Notes. AR System will then display a full description of the AR. The AR's URL will be available either as a hyperlink or a text string, depending on whether you are accessing the AR through the mid tier or through a browser.
- If the URL is a hyperlink, click the hyperlink. If the URL is a text string, copy the URL and paste it into a browser address field, and press Return.
- Entuity will launch ENA on the same host as the AR System client, with the focus on the managed object that is the source of the AR.