Applicable for ENA v17.0 P02 upwards
ENA integrates with BMC Remedy Single Sign On (RSSO), which enables you to sign in to ENA and all BMC products that use the RSSO with a single login.
To configure an ENA server for RSSO:
You must be a member of the Administrators user group to configure an ENA server for RSSO. Note, all remote servers must also be configured for RSSO for consolidation to work correctly.
- In the Main Menu, click Administration. This will open the Administration page.
- Click and open the Account Management page.
- Create the user groups that match the groups of the users you want to import from the RSSO. Please note, a user's group membership should be configured by an administrator on the RSSO server.
- Make a copy of <ENTUITY_HOME>/integ/RSSO/TEMPLATE.rsso-agent.properties, and remove TEMPLATE from the name.
- Edit the rsso-agent.properties file and change the values of the variables to suit your environment. In particular, make sure the following variables reflect your environment:
agent-id a unique identifier for the ENA installation. Usually the URL of the ENA installation. sso-external-url the RSSO's URL for login redirection. Note, you must use a fully qualified domain name. sso-service-url the RSSO's URL for service calls. Note, you must a fully qualified domain name. cookie_name the name of the cookie as configured on the RSSO server General --> Advanced section. admin_group the RSSO group to map to ENA's Administrators group, or blank if no mapping is required. all_users_group the RSSO group to map to ENA's All Users group, or blank if no mapping is required. api_realm the realm to use for RESTful API calls. msp-deployment set to true if you have multiple realms configured in your RSSO server. msp-always-show-domain-entry-page set to true to prompt the user for a realm when logging in.
- Leave the following fields unchanged, or commented out:
- Run the setup script in the following directory, depending on your OS. This will copy the rsso-agent.properties file to the correct place in the ENA installation.
- Windows - setup.bat
- Linux - setup.sh
- Restart the ENA server, i.e. run stopeye, wait for the installation to shut down, and then run starteye.
To normalize usernames reported by the RSSO integration:
Applicable for ENA v17.0 P04 upwards
Usernames reported by RSSO include additional long numeric IDs. In ENA, you can normalize usernames so that they are stripped of excessive information to make them more user-friendly and to ensure that they fit within display limits.
- Navigate to the TEMPLATE.rsso-agent.properties file.
- At the bottom of the file, in the section:
whether to perform specific user-name and realm normalizationchange the line:
- the numeric id in the username of the form <user-name>.<numericId> will be removed
- the realm of the form <domain>@<domain> will be simplified to just <domain>
- Re-run setup.bat or setup.sh, depending on your platform.