Applicable for ENA v17.0 P03 upwards
In ENA, you can make generic edits to create, modify and delete user-defined objects, and determine the way in which they are associated with other user-defined objects and existing, discovered objects.
This functionality is primarily intended for users who have site-specific configuration of their ENA instance, as configured by Entuity Support or Technical Services.
In order to create, edit or delete objects, you must belong to the Administrator user group or have the Object Editing tool permission.
To create a new user-defined object:
- Navigate to the Associations dashboard of the device for which you would like to create the user-defined object.
- Using the Show associations of type filter, select the association type of which you would like to create a new instance.
- When it is possible to create a new instance of the association type then the New button will appear in the top right. If there are already user-defined objects listed, the Edit button will also be present. When it is possible to delete an object that is selected in the list, then the Delete button will be present.
- Click the New button. The New [association type] form will slide in on the right, in which you can specify the attributes of the object that you are creating. Note that the fields on the form will depend on the selected association type and the configuration implemented by Entuity Support or Technical Services, meaning that these fields will vary depending on each case.
- Once you have specified the attributes in each field, click Save in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
Note that it is not possible to create new associated objects or modify the list of associated objects via a Context Menu.
To edit a user-defined object:
- Navigate to and select the user-defined object that you want to edit, as described above.
- Click Edit. The Edit Association form will slide in on the right, in which you can edit the attributes of the object. As above, the fields in the form will depend upon the selected association type and the configuration of your ENA instance.
- Once you have made the edits that you want, click Save in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To delete a user-defined object:
- Navigate to and select the user-defined object that you want to delete, as described above.
- Click Delete. A message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the object.