Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of Entuity, please see this article.
Once you have created a discovery profile, the profile will appear in the table on the Auto Discovery page.
To start a discovery:
- Select the profile or profiles that you want to start, and click Start Discovery at the top of the page, or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu. Only the selected discoveries that area not already running will be started.
To stop a discovery:
- Select the profile or profiles that you want to stop, and click Stop Discovery at the top of the page, or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu.
- The Last Run Statistics column in the table will be updated to 'Aborted'.
To view the results of a discovery:
You can view the results once it is completed.
- To view the results once it has completed, click View Results in the Results column.
- This will open the Discovery Results page for the selected discovery profile. This page is the same as Discovered Assets page, but also provides a Discovery Summary widget that displays the Name, Status, Progress and Discovery Time of the selected discovery profile.
- From the Discovery Results page, you can manually take discovered assets under management. Select the asset or assets that you want to take under management, and click Manage Assets at the top of the page, or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu. This will open the Manage Asset form.