This article has been superseded by Entuity v19.0 P02, which incorporates the live ping status into a Live Status dialog box. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
In Entuity, you can retrieve a live ping status from a device or a number of selected devices. This will provide you with the ping response time of the seleted device(s), measured in ms.
This will help you quickly see if a device is up or down, useful e.g. for troubleshooting and checking devices after configuration changes.
Note, this functionality does not return device status or incidents.
To ping a device or devices:
- Navigate to a dashboard that lists the device(s) that you want to ping, or navigate to the device in the Explorer or Breadcrumbs menu. Select the device or devices that you would like to ping, and right click to open the device's/devices' Context Menu.
- In the Context Menu, click Ping. This will open the Ping dialog box.
- The Ping dialog box is a simple table containing the Name of the selected device(s) and the Response Time in ms.
- If you want to request the ping again, click the Ping again button in the bottom right of the dialog box. The table will be automatically updated with the new response time(s).
- Click the cross in the top right of the dialog box to close it.