To run a Device Memory Capacity Planning Trend report
The Device Memory Capacity Planning Trend report provides a management-level summary of memory utilization for the selected View. This report provides details of memory capacity % mean, 95th percentile and trend over the specified reporting period. A critical state indicates a potential capacity problem.
Device Memory Capacity Planning Trend report details:
The report provides a trend table that highlights devices with memory utilization in warning and critical states. The definition of critical and warning status is user configurable.
|Device Name||resolved name or the IP address of the device. Click on the device name to open the Memory Utilization Details report for the device.|
|Memory Util% Mean||mean memory utilization over the reporting period for the device.|
|Memory Util% 95th percentile||indicates the 95th percentile memory utilization values over the reporting period, as a % of total memory resource.|
|Memory Util% 6 month predicted||predicts memory utilization as a % of total memory resource. You can also click on the values to run the Memory Utilization Trend report within the context of the port.|
To run a Device CPU Capacity Planning Trend report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Planning Reports.
- This will open the Planning Reports page. Click Device Memory Capacity Planning Trend.
- This will open the Device Memory Capacity Planning Trend Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the manner in which you want to sort the report in the Sort by field. Choose from one of the following:
- Mean utilization.
- 95th percentile utilization.
- 6 month projected utilization.
- Specify the number of devices reporting the highest values decided in the Sort by field to which the report is limited in the TopN field. By default, this is 20, e.g. the 20 devices with the highest mean inbound values would be included to the report.
- Specify the % threshold for mean average hourly memory utilization, above which memory utilization is considered to be in a warning state (and when it is equal to or below the critical threshold) in the Warning Threshold (%) field. The default value is 50.
- Specify the % threshold for mean average hourly memory utilization, above which memory utilization are considered to be in a critical state in the Critical Threshold (%) field.
- Tick the Only list devices in a Critical State box if you want to only include to the report devices in a critical state. By default, it is not ticked.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.
Please sign in to leave a comment.