To restore the database:
You would only have to run a full system restore:
- in the event of a system failure that causes a loss of data from the current database. You may have to restore databases and the MySQL users table from a backup.
- if you have a major incident that corrupts your Entuity database and/or software, e.g. the Entuity server machine has become unstable and cannot be recovered.
- to move the ENA install to a new machine.
- Ensure that you are logged in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Shut down ENA. From the command line enter stopeye, or in Windows stop the Entuity service.
- Start the Entuity Database server mysqld. From the command line run c:\entuity\bin\start database, or in Windows restart the Entuity Database service.
- From the command line run c:\entuity\bin\restore.
- You will then be prompted as follows:
Do you really want to remove the entire Entuity database?
If 'yes', it will be recreated from the backup directories.
Type y/n to continue.
Note, you can prevent ENA from raising this prompt by using the parameter -f (i.e. restore -f) to force the restore.
- Enter y. restore will then delete the existing databases and tables, and then restore the backups:
- EOSdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupdb.
- DSALPHA database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupsw.
- usadb users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupusadb.
- secdb users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupsecdb.
- greenit database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupgreenit.
- DSPSTREAM database to entuity_home/database/backup/backupups.
- MySQL users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupmysql.
- flowdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupflowdb.
- eventdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupeventdb.
As each restore completes, ENA reports the success or failure of each step. Restore details can also be checked through the log file, restore.log, in entuity_home/log
- Once restore has reported the successful completion, run swmaint. For example, in:
- default mode, swmaint removes object and sample data with incomplete associations. Enter: swmaint
- quick mode, swmaint does not delete or optimize object and sample data. Enter: swmaint -q
- swmaint reports its progress through the command line. When it completes, stop the database server mysqld by either:
- in the command line, running stop database, or
- in Windows, stopping the Entuity Database service.
- When restoring a database backup from one server to another, you must change the server identifier in the restored database to that of the new server's identifier. Please see below for further help on this.
- Restart the Entuity server. From the command line run starteye, or in Windows restart the Entuity service.
To restore from a nightly backup:
The content of a nightly backup can be installed separately by deleting the current content and copying over the backed up content.
The exception is restoring the backed up database, for which you should use the ENA restore command.
To restore to a different Entuity server:
- Ensure the Entuity Database is not running. From the command line, navigate to entuity_home\install and enter: configure serverid update_full from_file