To change the database backup location:
By default, ENA backs up each database to its own subfolder beneath entuity_home\database\backup. When you rebuild the Entuity Database during install and configure, backups under entuity_home\database are also deleted. When you want to both rebuild the database and retain backups, you should save the backups to a location that is not beneath entuity_home.
You can amend the default location for database backups when you run configure. Please see step 5 in this article for details on how to change the database backup location.
To manually back up your ENA data:
backup can run while ENA continues to manage the network. The only process that backup requires to run is the database server mysqld.
backup backs up all ENA databases and the MySQL users table to subfolders in database\backup.
You can also manually run backup:
- Ensure you are logged in as a user with administrative privileges.
- Ensure the database server msyqld is running.
- Run backup from the command line. ENA will backup all databases, inlcuding:
- EOSdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupdb.
- DSALPHA database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupsw.
- usadb users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupusadb.
- secdb users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupsecdb.
- greenit database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupgreenit.
- DSPSTREAM database to entuity_home/database/backup/backupups.
- MySQL users table from entuity_home/database/backup/backupmysql.
- flowdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupflowdb.
- eventdb database from entuity_home/database/backup/backupeventdb.
- As each backup completes, ENA reports the success or failure of each stage of the backup. Backup details can also be checked through the log file, backup.log, in the entuity_home\log directory.
To run a nightly backup:
You can run a nightly backup of selected ENA folders when ENA is running. Entuity recommends you archive the database backuip nightly after the 23:00 backup operation completes.
Entuity recommends you also configure your system backup tools to run nightly, backing up those folders that contain content that changes frequently, e.g. the database backup tables, configuration folders, and report folders.
You should locate the database backup on a different storage partition. The location of this database is defined using the configure utility.
You should include the following to your nightly backup:
- configuration files located in entuity_home/etc
- reports located in entuity_home/lib/httpd/EOS/reporting
- MIBs located in entuity_home/lib/mibs
- tgtp server, the location of which is specified during configure
- database located in entuity_home/database/backup/