Entuity recommends configuring the Entuity integration for BMC Remedy AR System through configure. This will allow interactive AR generation from Entuity.
To configure the interactive Remedy AR System:
- Acquire a valid license from your Entuity representative. Add the new license file to entuity_home/etc.
- Stop the Entuity server.
- Run Entuity configure.
- if run as a wizard, check the appropriate version of Entuity Integration for BMC Remedy AR System from the Module Select page.
- if run from the CLI, when prompted enter yes to modify the activated modules. Again when prompted, enter yes to activate the Entuity Integration for BMC Remedy AR System.
- configure will prompt you to enter:
- Server - IP address or resolved name of the Remedy AR server.
- MidTier - IP address or resolved name of the Remedy AR MidTier.
- User - user name required to access Remedy AR System.
- Password - valid user account password (optional).
- Auth - authorization level (optional).
- Port - port used to communicate with Remedy AR System (optional).
- Rpc - set to RPC program number when using a non-administrator server for RPC and 0 when not.
- Ssl - set to 1 when using SSL and 0 when not.
- Complete configure.
- If you are using non-default user accounts, enter the account information by amending the ARFirstName and ARLastName section in arhelpdedsk.cfg and arhelpdsk_global.cfg
- Restart the Entuity server.
Entuity's discovery process may take a few hours to discover all Remedy advanced actions required for the integration.
To manually generate ARs from a managed object:
- Navigate to and highlight the event(s), incident(s) or managed object(s) that you want to forward. Right click to open the Context Menu.
- Click BMC AR Remedy System and then the appropriate command:
- Raise Multiple Incidents - raise one AR for each highlighted incident, event or managed object.
- Raise Single Incident - raise one AR for all the highlighted incidents, events or managed objects.
- Entuity will gather the requested information and present it in an AR System form, which is opened on the same machine as the Entuity client. When necessary, complete the AR System form and save it.
- To view details of the event/incident, open Notes on the AR System form. This provides details including the URL that links back to the event source in Entuity. When the AR is for more than one event, the Description details each event in turn.
- If you are accessing the AR System through a browser, the event source URL is not available as a hyperlink. You will have to copy the URL into a web browser address field.