Generate multi-level reports
Flex reports allow you to easily generate a multi-level report, without the need to build separate reports and combine them.
For example, you can build a flex report that lists:
- all the devices in a View,
- all the modules in each device,
- all the ports in each module.
It is possible to do this in Report Builder via Composite Reports, but it is more straightforward to design multi-level reports in flex reports - there is no need to build multiple reports and combine them.
Flexible data formatting and display
Flex reports offer a high degree of flexibility in how data is formatted and presented:
- Multiple export formats: e.g. CSV, PDF, XML, HTML.
- Interactivity options: e.g. page forward/back, drill up/down (to uncover details that might otherwise go unnoticed), export, print.
- Hyperlinks: use hyperlinks to turn reports into interactive web documents to connect to related information, including websites and other reports.
You can run flex reports on demand or schedule them.
3 types of flex report
There are 3 types of flex report:
- inventory flex report, which is tabular.
- topN flex report, which is tabular.
- graph flex report, which is graphical.
You can also include graphical charts to the inventory flex report and topN flex report.