The Entuity management plug-in archive includes two plug-in types:
- Entuity Network Manager provides visibility into the network layer, adding a network monitoring component to the Oracle Enterprise Manager application stack.
- Entuity Network Service allows Oracle Enterprise to include network infrastructure state data in to its service management.
To use the Entuity Network Manager:
The Entuity Network Manager home page in Oracle Enterprise Manager provides visibility into the network layer. From this page you can:
- Monitor the performance of the server, its availability, current status.
- Access summaries of network performance, e.g. device reachability, service delivery.
- View key events raised against objects on the network and also the server.
- Run targeted reports.
- Drilldown to Entuity pages.
Overview of Entuity server:
status and availability of the Entuity server.
|Network Service Status||
current state of Entuity network services. Please see this section for further help and information on services.
|Bottom 10 Views by Device Reachability||
lists the Views with the highest percentage of unreachable devices, as identified by a failure to respond to ping. Please see this section for further help and information on Views.
events raised by Entuity and forwarded to Oracle Enterprise Manager.
events related to Entuity server performance.
drilldown links to the Entuity UI.
reports available from Oracle Enterprise Manager.
To access an Entuity Network Manager home page:
- From the list of monitored targets, select the Entuity target.
- From the Entuity Network Manager home page, you c an view performance statistics, run reports and access Entuity. Depending on your configuration, you may be prompted for your user account details. Upon successful login, Entuity displays its home page.
To use Entuity Network Services:
The Entuity Network Service home page includes availability statistics and direct access to service pages in Entuity. You can also assign the Entuity Network Service plug-in to systems that can then be assigned to Oracle Enterprise Manager services.
From the Metrics and Collection Settings page, you can view the polling interval of the Entuity service status, by default every 5 minutes.