Applicable to Entuity v19.0 P03 upwards
The OS Services dashlet lists the OS Services that Entuity is monitoring. The OS Services that are monitored are determined by the filtering rules specified on the OS Services Management page. Please see this section for further help and information on monitoring OS Services in Entuity.
The OS Services dashlet is only applicable to managed objects of the Operating System type. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, Entuity services, components etc).
To add an OS Services dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Device Resources in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The OS Services dashlet can only display data where the source is an OS Service.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- The Include Objects of Type field will be automatically set to OSService. It is recommended that you do not change this, because otherwise the dashlet will not include any OS Service data.
- The Take Objects From field will be automatically set to Operating System -> OS Services. Again, it is recommended that you do not change this, because otherwise the dashlet will not include any OS Service data.
- Below this the default columns for OS Services monitoring are specified:
- Display Name
- Service State
- Service Status.
You can modify these columns by clicking on one and then making your required changes in the Edit Column form that opens. You can also add more columns using the +Add Column button or by dragging in an attribute to be displayed from the Drop Box or another tab.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Specify the Rows per Page, by default 1000.
- Specify the Responsive width of the table, by default 480px.
- Specify whether to allow selection of only single or multiple rows in the table via the Row Selection Support switch.
- In the Dashboard Context on Drill-Down dropdown field, specify the behavior when you drill down on an object in the table:
- Summary - navigates to the Summary dashboard for the selected object.
- Default - navigates to the default dashboard for the selected object (often this will be the Summary dashboard).
- Maintain Current - navigates to a dashboard with the same name as the current one.
- Specify the initial sorting of the table in the Initial Sort Column and Sort Direction fields.
- Specify if you want to Apply Filter to the columns.
Switching this on allows you to Add Filter and therein specify the following:
- Filter Attribute - dependent on the columns included
- Filter Type - choose from =, !=, Any of, Contains or Regex
- Then in the final field, specify the value of the Filter Type.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- When you have set all of your parameters, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.