Applicable to Entuity v20.0.
For an introduction to multi-server configuration in Entuity, please see this article.
To approve an incoming connection to a consolidation server, you will need to assign a role to the remote server that has initiated the request.
To approve/assign a role to an incoming connection to a consolidation server:
- Click Main Menu and then Administration.
- On the Administration page, click Multi-Server Configuration page.
- On the Multi-Server Configuration page, click the Incoming Connections tab.
- In the table, select an entry for a remote server that is designated as Unassigned in the Assigned Roles column, and then click Assign at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu).
- The Assign Roles form will open on the right of the page, allowing you to select from the following options for that remote server.
A server can have any combination of these roles, i.e. none, one or two.
- Flow Collector
- You can assign different roles to servers at any time by selecting the remote server in the table and then clicking Assign again. There are some considerations when assigning roles to remote servers:
- If all roles are removed (or none assigned), then the Assigned Roles column will show 'None' for this connection. When you first click Assign on a new 'Unassigned' connection, you can leave this form empty and click Done to then remove the 'Unassigned' status without assigning any roles to the server.
- If you add a role, and it corresponds to an existing outgoing (consolidation server -> remote server) connection, then the old connection will be overriden with this new incoming connection.
- If you are assigning a flow collector, note that a flow collector can only belong to a single master, and reassigning it from one master to another may result in data loss. A warning will appear if this is the case.
To delete a downstream-to-upstream connection:
Select an entry in the table and then click the Delete button (at the top of the page, or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu) to remove the entry from the table. This will also remove any roles assigned to the server.