Applicable to Entuity v20.0 P02 upwards.
You can enable configuration management on Cisco DNA Center devices when adding a DNAC to management via Asset Management. This is enabled in the Config Management section, which is detailed here. This will enable you to run the Check DNAC Backup History for Failures configuration management task.
This task enables you to interrogate DNACs for failed backups through the UI, without having to go through a CLI and manually input the credentials and commands themselves. This task checks for the results of up to the last 20 backups, and will launch an event depending on the result of the most recent backup:
- The DNAC Backup Failure event is raised if the most recent backup failed. This even opens the DNAC Backup Failure incident.
- The DNAC Backup Success event is raised if the most recent backup succeeded, closing the incident.
To run a configuration task on a Cisco DNA Center device:
- In the UI, navigate to the Cisco DNA Center device on which you want to run the task.
- Select the device and then right-click to open the Context Menu.
- Click Configuration Management -> Check DNAC Backup History for Failures. The task will then become a running configuration management job.
To view the 'Check DNAC Backup History for Failures' task:
- Click the Main Menu and then Administration.
- Click Configuration Management to open the Device Configuration Management page.
- Under the Tasks tab, select 'Check DNAC Backup History for Failures' from the table and click View at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu).
- This will open the View Task form for the task.
Please see the following articles for further options regarding configuration management tasks:
- How do I create, edit or delete a configuration task?
- How do I schedule a configuration task?
- How do I configure/add steps to a task?
- How do I view a task's history and its sub-jobs?
To check the backup history of a Cisco DNA Center:
- Navigate to the History tab of the Device Configuration Management page.
- Select the desired 'Check DNAC Backup History for Failures' job and click Details at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu).
- The Details for Task: Check DNAC Backup History for Failures page will open, displaying the last 20 backups and whether or not it failed.
To view the results of the configuration management task:
- Navigate to the Events dashboard of your Cisco DNA Center device.
- In this dashboard you will see the event(s) corresponding to the results of the job. If a DNAC Backup Failure event is raised, the DNAC Backup Failure incident is opened. If the DNAC Backup Success event is raised then the incident will be closed.
If the most recent backup was sucessful, the event details will read: 'The most recent backup (id: <id>) was SUCCESSFUL on <datetime the backup ended>'
If there is more one pending backup, the number thereof will be displayed below: '(X backup(s) pending)'.