To enable configuration management on an individual device:
Note, for further help and information on adding and modifying devices, please see this section.
- Navigate to the Managed Assets tab of the Asset Management page. On the Add Asset or Modify Asset form, navigate to the Configuration Management section.
- In the Enabled dropdown field, select Yes.
- Specify the configuration management Credential, either from this form or the Asset Credential Management page.
- Save your changes, and navigate to the Configuration Monitoring dashboard.
- From this dashboard you can select the device and open its Monitoring Settings form, from where you can specify the manner in which the selected device is monitored by Entuity. Please see this article for further help and information on editing monitoring settings in Entuity.
To enable configuration management on multiple devices:
The same method as above can be applied to enabling configuration management on multiple devices.
- Navigate to the Managed Assets tab of the Asset Management page. Multi-select the devices that you would like to enable for configuration management and click Modify Asset. On this form, specify the Configuration Management Enabled field to Yes and apply the configuration management credential as appropriate.
- On the Configuration Management dashboard, multi-select the devices and click Monitoring Settings as above to specify the tasks and settings across the selected devices.