Applicable to Entuity v21.0 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of Entuity, please see this article.
Reporting permissions for individual users are based on user group access. As an admin, you can specify:
- which user groups can access which report folders and/or individual reports.
- the level of access that user groups have to report folders and/or individual reports.
Please also see the important note below regarding adding multiple customers to the same user group
To set reporting permissions:
Reporting permissions for individual users are based on user group access. Please see this section for help and information on setting reporting permissions. Note, this section contains important notes for deployments where you have multiple users with different requirements (e.g. if you are an MSP with multiple customers).
Note - if you have multiple users with different requirements (e.g. if you are an MSP with multiple customers), it is important that you create user groups on a per-user basis. This will ensure that different users/customers do not have access to reports that they should not be able to access.
To save and share report options:
Users can save report options for both system reports and custom reports, and by default these saved versions will only be visible to the user who created them. Users can share these saved report options so that they are available to other users in the same user group(s) as the user who created them.
- Navigate to and click a system report or a custom report to open its report options page.
- In the Use saved values field, select the saved report option that you want to use.
- Click Share on the right.
- This will open the Share Saved Report Options window. This contains the user groups to which the user belongs. Select which user groups you want to share the report with and move them from the Available groups column to the Shared with column. Tick the Edit box if you want to grant users in the selected group the ability to edit the saved report options.
- Click OK to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.
Users can also specify share access whilst they are building custom reports. On the Report Builder page, expand the Sharing Options on the right of the page and specify the Group Access for each group that the user is member of. Please see the important note below regarding adding multiple customers to a user group and the implications this can have for accessing reports.
Important note regarding adding multiple customers to the same user group:
The Entuity admin must not use the same user groups containing users from more than one customer to grant different levels of access to Entuity features.
For example, you have two user groups - one called Potters, and the other called Malfoys. If you create an 'Event Admin' user group with access to other functionality (such as Event Notification Administration and Event Suppression), and make some users from the Potters user group and the Malfoy user group members of it, then any of those users in the Event Admin user group would be able to grant access to the reports and folders they have created to the Event Admin user group. This would inadvertantly provide access to reports for customers from another customer.
- You create the Event Admin user group for other functionality.
- You add users from Potters and Malfoys.
- Harry, a Potter user, would be able to grant access to Potter's Reports to the Event Admin user group.
- This means that Draco, a Malfoy user who is also in the Event Admin user group, will then have access to Potter's Reports.
Therefore, to avoid customers inadvertantly accessing other customers' reports, Entuity recommends that user groups such as 'Event Admin' must be created on a per-customer basis.