To enable or disable flow collection via the Flow inventory page
To enable or disable flow collection via a dashboard
Before enabling or disabling flow collection on a managed device, please see this article for help and information on configuring flow export on devices.
There are two ways in which you can enable or disable flow collection in Entuity.
To enable or disable flow collection via the Flow Inventory page:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Flow Inventory. This opens the Flow Inventory page.
- The table on this page will display the devices on each server on which you can collect flow information. In the Collecting column, click Yes/No (dependent on whether flow information is already being collected on that device). This opens the Flow Collector Inventory window.
- This window gives you a summary of the flow collection on that device. To start or stop flow collection, tick the Start/Stop collecting flow data on: [server] box, and click Start/Stop below it. Otherwise, click Cancel to exit the window without saving changes.
- Flow collection will then start/stop immediately, and the value in the Collecting column will update immediately.
To enable or disable flow collection via a dashboard:
- Navigate to the View or Subview that contains the device on which you want to enable flow collection and open either the Flow dashboard or a custom dashboard that contains the Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet.
- In the Flow-Enabled Devices dashlet, select the device on which you want to start collecting flow.
- In the dashlet's Overflow Menu, click Start Flow Collection. Flow collection will begin immediately and the Collecting column in the dashlet's table will update accordingly.
- To stop collecting flow information, select the device and, in the Overflow Menu, click Stop Flow Collection. The Collecting column in the dashlet's table will be updated accordingly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.