In Entuity, you can create custom dashboards to display any information you want to see. Custom dashboards can be edited at any time by users with the appropriate permissions.
There are two ways to create a custom dashboard:
- via Create Dashboard in the Dashboard Configuration page.
- by duplicating an existing dashboard.
To create a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the Dashboard Configuration page. You can access this page in two ways:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration. Click Dashboard Configuration.
- On the dashboards page, click the All Dashboards drop down menu, and click Dashboard Configuration at the bottom.
- When on the Dashboard Configuration page, click Create Dashboard in the top right of the browser, or in the Menu click Create Dashboard.
- This will take you to the New Dashboard page, displaying a blank dashboard, and the Dashboard Settings form will automatically slide in on the right.
- Enter a unique name for the dashboard in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the dashboard in the Description field.
- Select an icon for the dashboard in the Icon field. This icon will be displayed next to its name on the dashboard bar.
- Select which type of dashboard your custom dashboard will be in the Dashboard Type field.
- If you have selected Dynamic in the Dashboard Type field, the Applicable For field will appear. If you have selected Static in the Dashboard Type field, it will not.
- If you have selected Dynamic, you can then choose the context of the custom dashboard in the Applicable For field. In this dropdown field, you choose at which hierarchical level the dashboard is applicable. Select from Device, Network Path, Port, Service, View, or click Show More to search for a specific type of object, e.g. Angular Velocity Sensor, Host MAC Address, Region. You can select more than one type.
- Specify how you want the dashboard's dashlets to appear on the screen of the device you are using in the Layout field. Select either Fit to Window for the dashlets to be responsive to changes in screen size, or Scrolling so that the dashlets are arranged to scroll down the screen.
- If Fit to Window is selected, you can specify the order in which the dashlets appear on a mobile screen in the Dashlet Order On Mobile field below. Note, you will only be able to use this field once the custom dashboard has been populated with dashlets.
- If Scrolling is selected, you can specify the number of columns of dashlets in the Columns field below. On the blank custom dashboard itself, you will have the option to Add Dashlet and Add New Section. Each new section is a horizontal row that will contain the dashlets. You can enter a title for each section in the Section Header field above each section that you add in.
- Select which user groups have access to the dashboard in the Select user groups field. Clicking this field opens the Edit Access Groups form, from where you can set the access options for each user group, from the following three options:
- No Access - user group has no access to the dashboard.
- Access - user group has access to the dashboard.
- Access & Favourite - user group has access to the dashboard, and the dashboard appears as a favorite dashboard along the top of the browser when viewing dashboards.
- Click Done in the top right of the browser to save your settings, otherwise click Cancel. If you click Cancel, the default settings for the custom dashboard will be carried forward unless you later edit the custom dashboard's settings. In both cases, you will be returned to the blank New Dashboard page.
Note, you must set some user group access on every custom dashboard that you create, otherwise the dashboard will not be visible to anyone, including yourself.
Once you save the dashboard for the first time, it will immediately be available to all other users that have been assigned group access to it. Therefore, if you are overriding a system dashboard, you may wish to not replace the system dashboard until the custom dashboard is ready. You can achieve this by:
- not assigning group access until completing the custom dashboard.
- not naming the custom dashboard until completing it.
- selecting the custom dashboard on Dashboard Configuration page and disabling it whilst you work on it.
To cancel the process of creating a dashboard:
- When in the Dashboard Settings form, click Cancel in the top left of the form to return to the blank New Dashboard page without saving.
- Click Exit in the top right of the browser. A window will appear asking if you want to save changes before exiting. Click Discard to return to the Dashboard Configuration page.
To edit the settings of a custom dashboard:
- There are two ways in which you can edit the settings of a custom dashboard:
- on the New Dashboard page, by clicking Settings in the Overflow Menu.
- on the Dashboard Configuration page, by selecting your desired custom dashboard and clicking Edit Dashboard via right click or the Overflow Menu. From here, you can access Settings in the custom dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- The Dashboard Settings form will slide in on the right.
- Make your desired changes and click Done in the top right of the form to save, otherwise click Cancel to return to the custom dashboard pages without saving.
- Note, you can also access the Edit Access Groups and Enable/Disable Dashboard options via right click or the Overflow Menu on the Dashboard Configuration page.
To duplicate an existing dashboard:
- Navigate to the Dashboard Configuration page and select the dashboard you would like to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Dashboard via the right click menu or the Overflow Menu. This will open the duplicated dashboard in a new screen, and the Dashboard Settings form will slide in on the right.
- Complete the form fields and either save your changes or cancel, as described above.
To add dashlets to a custom dashboard
You can add as many dashlets to a custom or duplicate dashboard as you want. Please see this article for help on how to add, edit or delete dashlets.
To delete a custom dashboard
- Navigate to the Dashboard Configuration page and select the dashboard you would like to delete.
- Click Delete Dashboards via the right click menu or the Overflow Menu.
- A deletion confirmation window will open. Click Yes to confirm the deletion, otherwise click No.