You can create, edit and delete steps for configuration management tasks on the Configuration Management page under the Steps tab.
These steps can then be applied to any number of custom configuration management tasks that you create, as well as duplicates of system configuration management tasks.
To create a step:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration and then click Configuration Management.
- Click the Steps tab, and then click New... at the bottom of the page.
- The New Step window will open. Enter the name and description for the step in the Name and Description fields respectively.
- Specify the Context of the step in the Context field. If "Device" or "Port" are selected then the step can be used with device tasks and port tasks respectively. If "None" is selected, the step can be used with both device and port tasks.
- Enter the Groovy script for the step in the Script field.
- Click OK to save the step, otherwise click Cancel.
To edit a step:
You can only edit a custom step.
- Select your preferred step and click Edit.
- The Edit Step window will open. Make your changes and click OK.
To delete a step:
You can only delete a custom step.
- Select your preferred step or steps and click Delete.
- A deletion confirmation message will appear. Click Yes.