This article has been superseded by ENA v17.0 P07. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
The Time Series Chart report builder allows you to build reports that include time series charts. These show you the history of metrics over the reporting period. You can set two different time periods for comparison purposes.
This report includes one chart on which you can plot a maximum of eight metrics. These metrics can be selected from:
- a single managed object using different attributes.
- eight different managed objects using the same attribute.
- multiple managed objects and attributes.
To build a Time Series Chart report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports. This will open the Reports page.
- Click Report Builder in the bottom left of the browser. This will open the Report Builder page.
- Click Time series chart. This will open the Report Builder - Single Chart page. There are two sections to building a Time Series Chart report:
1. Report options:
- Enter a name for the report in the Name field.
- Enter a title for the report in the Report title field.
- Enter a title to be displayed on the chart in the Chart title field.
Applicable for ENA v17.0 P06 upwards
Use the Click to insert attributes here placeholder to quickly enter titles for charts without having to manually type them.
- Click Report Options + for further options:
- Enter a URL for your report in the Report URL field. Every report is assigend a default URL when it is created. If you enter a new URL for an existing report, then a copy of that existing URL is made. Note, any new URL you enter must be unique - if you enter a URL that is already assigned to a report, then that existing report will be overwritten.
- Keep the Navigation Framework box checked if you want to include the navigation framework available for reports generated in HTML. The navigation framework allows users to scroll through reports, return to the reports listing, and generate the report in another format.
- Keep the Charts Legend box checked if you want to include the chart to have an accompanying legend.
- Keep the Row Count box checked if you want to include the report to have an accompanying row count in the header. Note, this does not apply to chart reports.
- Specify the page width of the HTML report in the Page Width field. By default, this is 612 pixels.
- Specify the margin widths in the Margins fields. The defaults are Left 30px, Right 18px, Top20px, Bottom 20px.
- Check the Include Standard Header box to select the standard components to include in the report's header:
- Report Period.
- Prime Time.
- Print Time.
- Description. Entuity recommends that you make use of the Description field to help others maintain the system at a later date.
- Specify the default time frame for the chart in the Primary time frame fields.
- Select and specify the secondary time frame for the chart when comparing metrics over different time frames in the Secondary time frame fields.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Timefields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
2. Adding attributes:
- Drag in the attributes you want to include on the chart into the Drag Attribute Here fields. You can drag attributes from an Attributes dashboard in another tab or browser. Any time series metric can be dragged in. You can drag in attributes from multiple different components, and they can also be of different types.
- Click on the attribute's name in the Value column to open the Timeseries Attribute Selection window. Here you can quickly access further attributes from the device or devices that you have already selected attributes from. Selecting these attributes will automatically populate the next empty field. You can also access this window by clicking None in the Value column next to an empty field.
- In the Timeseries Attribute Selection window, you can also specify if you want to aggregate attributes in the Aggregate Method dropdown field.
- Use the up and down arrows on the left to change the attribute order.
- Check the box in the Show column to show the attribute on the chart.
- Select the format you want to use for the data in the Display Type column. The default is Auto.
- Select the line color you want for this attribute on the chart in the Line Color column.
- Specify the Y-axis for your chart in the Y-axis column.
- Specify the chart height in pixels in the Chart Height field. The default is 240px.
- Specify the chart style in the Chart Style dropdown field, either Line or Stacked Area.
- Click Preview to preview the report, Publish to publish the report to the User Defined Reports folder, or Reset to reset all values on the page.