Applicable to ENA v18.0 P03 upwards
To find and open the Drop Box:
The Drop Box icon is in the top banner, next to the dashboard timeframe indicator. This icon will be present on every page except the ENA login page.
When there are items in the Drop Box, there will be a number next to it indicating how many items are in it.
Click the icon to open the Drop Box, which will appear on the right side of the browser.
What items can I add to the Drop Box?
You can drag in a range of objects and attributes, including:
- attributes from the Object Attributes dashlet.
- data from a Table dashlet.
- data from a Service Summary dashlet.
- current value label on a Chart dashlet.
- title bar on a Chart dashlet. This will drag in all series within that chart. In the below example, both the Inbound and Outbound values will be dragged into the Drop Box (as opposed to just the Inbound value in the above example).
- values in a Key Info dashlet.
- objects from a View Contents dashlet.
- objects from breadcrumbs.
- objects from the Event Source link in an Incidents List dashlet.
- attributes from the Find Attributes panel in the Report Builder. This way, you can save an attribute without it being tied to a specific object. This is useful for when you want to chart attributes against a range of objects. Please see this section for further help and information on this functionality.
Note, when you add an attribute to the Drop Box, it does not matter to what object that attribute originally belonged - when you then apply that attribute to another chart, for example, that attribute can apply to a new object.
E.g.: You drag Attribute A from Object X to the Drop Box. You can then apply Attribute A to a chart that uses Object Y as its context.
To add items to the Drop Box:
To add items to the Drop Box, you can either drag them onto either the Drop Box icon, or (if it is open) into the Drop Box panel itself.
Drag to icon:
Drag to panel:
If you try to drag an item into the Drop Box that is already present, it will be ignored and not duplicated.
On the Attributes dashboard and/or the Object Attributes dashlet, you can select an attribute and click Add to Drop Box: