The Object Attributes dashlet lists the attributes of the selected managed object.
The Object Attributes dashlet is applicable to all data sources.
To add an Object Attributes dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Object Attributes and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet table to display empty attributes in the Show Hidden Data field. This can also be selected via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Click on the Advanced field to go the Advanced tab. Here, you can choose the number of rows of information to display per page in the Rows per Page field. Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel. Both options will return you to the Create Dashlet form.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in ENA.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Name||name of the attribute.|
|Value||value of the attribute (e.g. a name, number, percentage etc).|
|Last Updated||time and date the data was last updated.|
|Stream||the attribute's data stream.|
To show the history of an attribute:
- Select the attribute you would like to see the history of, and click Show History in the top right of the dashlet, via the dashlet's Overflow Menu or via right clicking on the attribute. Note, not all attributes have a recorded history, e.g. names, StormWorks ID etc.
- This opens the Stream data page, which has two columns:
- Timestamp - the time and date when the data was recorded.
- [Attribute] - the selected attributed.
- To sort the columns in ascending or descending order, click on the column heading of your choice. You can also increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right.
To show the attribute data on a chart:
- Select the attribute you would like to see displayed on a chart, and (if applicable) click Show On Chart in the top right of the dashlet or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu. You can also right click the attribute to access this option (again, if applicable). Note, not all attributes can be displayed on a chart, e.g. names, StormWorks ID etc.
To edit an attribute:
- Select the attribute you would like to edit, and click Edit Attribute via the dashlet's Overflow Menu. Note, not all attributes can be edited - if the attribute can be edited, it will have an icon displayed in the Value column.
- The attribute's Editing attribute form will slide in on the right.
- By default, the Use discovered field is set to on. This means that Entuity is using the data it has discovered. If you set this field to off, then you can edit the attribute value in the New value field below.
- Click OK to save your changes, or click Cancel.