Applicable for ENA v17.0 P05 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of ENA, please see this article.
You can add as many dashlets to a custom or duplicate dashboard as you want.
Please see the Dashlets section for further help and information on each dashlet available.
To add a dashlet to a custom dashboard:
There are 2 ways in which you can add a dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- creating a new dashlet.
- dragging in a new dashlet from an existing dashboard.
Creating a new dashlet:
- You can add a dashlet to a custom dashboard during the process of creating a custom dashboard, or by navigating to the Dashboard Configuration page and selecting the custom or duplicate dashboard to which you want to add a dashlet.
- Click Edit Dashboard via the right click menu or the Overflow Menu.
- On the custom dashboard page, click Add Dashlet in the top right of the browser or via the Overflow Menu. This will open the Context Source Selection form on the right.
Selecting the context source helps ensure that you choose the correct dashlet for your requirements. Note, you will be able to change the context source in the Create Dashlet form, which is accessible once you have selected your dashlet. Changing your context source may result in a warning on the form.
- Choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet in the Context Source dropdown field:
- if you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard.
- if you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. If you select Fixed Object, you can then click the Fixed Object Source field to search in the Explorer for the fixed object/device that you want to use as the context for your dashlet.
- Once you have chosen your context source, click Next in the top right of the form to open the Select Dashlet Type form. This form will automatically list the dashlets that can accept the object type (e.g. View, Router Device, Fabric Node, etc). You can tick the Show All Dashlets box to display all dashlets. Select the dashlet you want to use and click Next, otherwise click Cancel. Please see the Dashlets section for further help and information on each dashlet available.
- If you clicked Next, the Create Dashlet form will open. The contents of this form will vary, depending on the type of dashlet that you selected in the Select Dashlet Type form. Each dashlet type has an article to help you through the process of adding it.
- When you have specified the parameters you want, click Done in the top right of the form to save, otherwise click Cancel.
The dashlet will then appear on the custom dashboard grid.
Dragging in a dashlet from an existing dashboard:
- Navigate to the draft dashboard screen when you are creating or editing a dashboard:
- In a new tab, navigate to an existing dashboard that contains the dashlet you want to drag in. Note, this does not remove that dashlet from the existing dashboard, but instead it copies it.
- Click and hold on the title of the dashlet, and drag it to the first tab that has the draft dashboard screen. Drop the dashlet onto the draft dashboard. It will then appear in that dashboard with all the original dashlet's parameters. You can then edit the dashlet as you wish.
To edit a dashlet on a custom dashboard:
- You can resize the dashlet on the custom dashboard by hovering at the dashlet's edge and dragging to the size that you want. You can also move the dashlet around the grid by holding down a left click and dragging it to the position you want.
- To edit the settings of the dashlet, click Settings in the top right of the dashlet itself or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- This opens the dashlet's Edit Dashlet form. Here you can make changes to the dashlet's settings.
- Click Done to confirm the changes you have made, otherwise click Cancel. Note, you will have to click Save on the dashboard itself to ensure that the new dashlet settings are saved to the dashboard.
To delete a dashlet from a custom dashboard:
- Click Delete in the top right of the dashlet itself or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Note, the dashlet will be deleted immediately.