This article has been superseded by ENA v17.0 P05. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
You can add as many dashlets to a custom or duplicate dashboard as you want. Dashlets contain the information being displayed in the dashboard. There are many types of dashlet, and each displays customizable data in a specific way. This variety adds to the flexibility of ENA dashboarding.
Please see the Dashlets section for further help and information on each dashlet available.
To add a dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- You can add a dashlet to a custom dashboard during the process of creating a custom dashboard, or by navigating to the Dashboard Configuration page and selecting the custom or duplicate dashboard to which you want to add a dashlet.
- Click Edit Dashboard via the right click menu or the Overflow Menu.
- On the custom dashboard page, click Add Dashlet in the top right of the browser or via the Overflow Menu. This will open the Select Dashlet Type form on the right.
- Select the type of dashlet that you want to add, and click Next in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel. Please see the Dashlets section for further help and information on each dashlet available.
- If you clicked Next, the Create Dashlet form will open. The contents of this form will vary, depending on the type of dashlet that you selected in the Select Dashlet Type form. Each dashlet type has an article to help you through the process of adding it.
- When you have specified the parameters you want, click Done in the top right of the form to save, otherwise click Cancel.
The dashlet will then appear on the custom dashboard grid.
To edit a dashlet on a custom dashboard:
- You can resize the dashlet on the custom dashboard by hovering at the dashlet's edge and dragging to the size that you want. You can also move the dashlet around the grid by holding down a left click and dragging it to the position you want.
- To edit the settings of the dashlet, click Settings in the top right of the dashlet itself or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- This opens the dashlet's Edit Dashlet form. Here you can make changes to the dashlet's settings.
- Click Done to confirm the changes you have made, otherwise click Cancel. Note, you will have to click Save on the dashboard itself to ensure that the new dashlet settings are saved to the dashboard.
To delete a dashlet from a custom dashboard:
- Click Delete in the top right of the dashlet itself or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Note, the dashlet will be deleted immediately.