Managed Hosts are usually servers that are being managed via an SNMP agent.
To enable package discovery for a managed host:
In Entuity, the discovery of packages (including operating system patches and features) for a managed host is disabled by default. To enable the discovery:
- Navigate to the device for which you want to enable package discovery, and then open the Thresholds dashboard for that device.
- In the Thresholds Related To dropdown field, select Device.
- Find and enable the Package Discovery entry in the table below.
- When enabled, this setting defaults to a 20 package limit, but this can be changed. If you want all the packages to be discovered, you should set this limit to 0.
- Once the packages have been discovered, you can view them via the Associations dashboard for a selected managed host. Navigate to this dashboard and select Packages from the Show associations of type dropdown field.