Applicable to ENA v18.0 P06 upwards
The Configuration Monitor Settings form allows you to edit the manner in which the selected device is monitored by ENA.
It is accessible from a number of places:
- via the right-click Context Menu on a device.
- from the Configuration Monitoring dashboard:
- from the Configuration Monitor Settings dashlet:
The form will then open. It contains three sections: Setup, Retrieval, and Policies.
In this section, you can specify the CLI access credentials. Click CLI Access to open the CLI Access form, wherein you can specify the Method, CLI Port, CLI Username and the CLI Password (or passwords if applicable).
In this section you can see or specify the following:
- Retrieval Task - specify from the dropdown field the retrieval task that you want to look at.
- Transfer Method - specify from the dropdown field the transfer method to used for the task, from the following:
- Nightly Retrieval - switch on or off to specify the nightly retrieval of configurations.
- Max Number of Archives - specify how many versions of the device configuration files are to be kept in the Archive folder. The default is 20, the maximum is 200.
- Max Number of Favorites - specify the number of favorites. The default is 10, the maximum is 100.
- Change Based Retrieval - switch on or off to specify if ENA is allowed to check for changes in either the startup or running configuration files time.
In this section, you can specify the rule files.
- In the Policy Rules field, enter the policy rule file. Please see this article for further help and information on policy violation rules.
- In the Excludes Files field, enter the file that identifies configuration patterns that can be safely ignored when non-trivial configuration changes are found. Please see this article for further help and information on exclusion files.