Applicable for ENA v17.0 P05 upwards
From ENA v17.0 P05 upwards, there are three ways in which you can specify the TopN values of which data is displayed in your dashlets:
- at the time of building and creating your custom dashboards (which becomes the default for TopN value for that dashboard).
- in the UI, so that the TopN value follows you around as you navigate from dashboard to dashboard. This means you will not need to re-enter the TopN value each time you change context or dashboard.
- on a per-dashlet basis in the UI. This overrides the dashboard TopN value, which means you can have individual dashlets reporting on different TopN values.
Note, TopN values only apply to specific dashlets - please see below for further details.
To specify TopN values at the dashboard level and apply these to all relevant dashlets as you navigate around the UI:
The TopN field will be displayed in the top right of the browser on dashboards to which a time frame is appropriate, i.e. if the dashboard contains at least one dashlet for which a TopN value can be applied, then the TopN value will be displayed in the top right of the browser.
- Navigate to a dashboard containing at least one dashlet for which TopN values are applicable.
- Click the TopN value. When you do so, all of the relevant dashlets in the dashboard for which the TopN value is applicable will be highlighted with a blue border.
- Once you have clicked the TopN value, a dropdown menu of suggested TopN values will appear. Click the suggested time frame you want from the list and it will be automatically applied, or click Custom TopN to specify your own custom TopN. Once you have specified your custom TopN value, click Apply and it will be applied.
Once you have specified a TopN value, it will apply to all relevant dashboards as you navigate through the UI until one of the following:
- you log out (and therefore end your session).
- you navigate back to a point in your browsing history where a different time frame value was set.
- you manually change the value of the time frame again.
To override the dashboard TopN value from the UI on a per-dashlet basis:
- Navigate to the dashlet that you want to exclude from the dashboard TopN value and click the Overflow Menu.
- Click Change TopN. The Set TopN form will slide in on the right.
- Switch the Use Dashboard TopN field from On to Off.
- The field below will now become editable.
- Specify the TopN value you want to apply in the Time Frame field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save your change, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure default TopN values from the command line:
The default out-of-the-box TopN value is 5. To change this from the command line to 7, for example, you will need to edit the entuity.cfg file (in the Entuity etc directory) and then restart Entuity:
- In the entuity.cfg file, add a section labelled [TopN] if it does not already exist.
- Under this section, add the appropriate line for the parameter being changed, in this case:
This default is the value that is applied and you will see after initial login when you have not set a custom value in the dashboard UI.