The CIO Perspective report provides a high-level overview of the network health. It identifies different categories of service and uses icons to indicate metric performance over the last sample and reporting period. By displaying recent business service impacts, it delivers information suitable for the executive level of management.
You can quickly determine whether there have been any recent issues that have impacted any business services upon which the company relies. Where issues are idenitified, you can identify which parts of the company have been impacted when that impact would have been felt. With this report, you can:
- determine there was/is an issue that is negatively impacting a relevant business service.
- understand whether that impact is serious or is accommodated by a level of redundancy.
- see when the issues began and ended.
- see where the issues were observed in the business.
This perspective distinguishes between service-impacting issues and those that can be safely accommodated through the redundant nature of the network.
The perspective has a multi-level drill down approach, whereby the top-level presentation indicates whether there were any relevant issues and which business service they were related to. Click on the metric performance icons to drill down into each of the services and related metrics to see more details about their specific issues. This second-level drilldown displays when the issues were experienced using a color ribbon presentation. You can drill down into a third level, which lists all the components being monitored for the specific service, along with an indication of which component(s) was/were responsible for the issue(s).
Details of the report header:
|Company identifiers||company icon and name, defined through the report format.|
|Report title||report title, e.g. CIO Perspective.|
|Printed on||date and time the report was generated.|
|Description||description of the report.|
|View||ENA View against which the report was run.|
|Over the period||start and end dates and times over which the report is run.|
Details of the report:
|Availability||availability icons indicate the current state of the connectivity service, as provided by all components within the service connectivity links.|
|Utilization||utilization icons indicate threshold crossings, high or low, on any of the ports during the last sample.|
|Faults||faults icons indicate threshold crossings, e.g. level of packet corruption and transmit errors, on any port, during the last sample.|
|Discards||discards icon indicate threshold crossings, e.g. high level of port data loss within routers, on any port, during the last sample.|
|Latency||latency icons indicate the state of threshold crossings for the ICMP echo (ping) round trip latency, as measured between the Entuity server and the devices used to implement the service connectivity links during the last sample.|
|Device Reachability||reachability icons indicate overall device reachability, during the last sample.|
for each SLA, an icon indicates the current state of SLA compliance to the SLA goal set against the service. Click on the icon to view the SLA Details report for that section of the CIO perspective.
The icon will be one of the following:
Hover over the icon for a tooltip that displays the following metrics:
To run a CIO Perspective report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click CIO Perspective.
- This will open the CIO Perspective page. Click CIO Perspective.
- This will open the CIO Perspective Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the service against which the report is to be run in the Please select a service dropdown field.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.