Flow data retention
Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium is a separately licensed feature available with ENA. If you have the license for IFA Premium, it will run automatically on your version of ENA.
IFA Premium allows:
- management of flow data collection on remote servers.
- collection and storing of data with a granularity of 1 minute, which can be activated through the flow section in entuity.cfg. You must configure routers to send flow data every 60 seconds.
- data to be retained for more than one month, which can be amended through the flow section in entuity.cfg. The only restriction is the hard drive capacity, although the default is one year.
- analysis of data by conversation, i.e. both source and destination IP addresses are considered through Top Conversations breakdown.
- defintion of custom breakdowns and data types, through which you can specify how you analyze flow data.
To access flow information and functionality:
There are three ways you can access flow information:
- Via the Flow Inventory page in Administration.
- Via the Application Port Mappings page in Administration.
- Via the Flow dashboard or a custom dashboard containing flow dashlets.