This article has been superseded by ENA v18.0. Please see this article for the latest information on this topic.
SurePath application path discovery enables you to undertake path analysis. This is achieved by specifying pairs of source and destination devices.
SurePath interrogates devices from the source device to the destination device, with the polling performed by the Entuity server managing the device.
A path is all of the devices and interfaces through which traffic flows between the source device and the destination device.
With the standard Entuity license, you can create 5 paths systemwide.
What can SurePath do for my network?
- Identify pathways through the network.
- Identify multiple concurrent paths.
- Locate asymmetric routing.
- Identify path flapping.
To access SurePath:
All users can monitor the performance of network paths.
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Application Path Discovery. This will open the Application Path Discovery page.
- Here you can create the following:
To view information about the paths in your network, navigate to the Paths dashboard. Paths dashboards are applicable only to Views and Subviews.