If ENA is not managing overlapping IP addresses on your network, then you will not need to configure zones. This is the default state, and in this state devices are assigned to None in the Zone column of the Inventory Administration.
Note, you must set routing information and custom DNS settings in ENA, to allow an Entuity server to utilize multiple VPNs even if the IP addresses within them may not be unique.
To set up a zone:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Zones.
- Click Add in the bottom left of the browser. This will open the Create Zone window.
- Specify a name of the zone in the Name field.
- Enter a description for the zone in the Description field.
- Select from the pre-populated interface IP addresses, or enter the IPv4 Interface and IPv6 Interface addresses you want to add using Add next to their respective field, and then select them from the drop down list.
- Specify the DNS servers you want to configure for the zone using Add next to the DNS Servers field. To remove a DNS server, select it in the field and click Delete next to the field. You can configure multiple DNS servers for a zone, but you must not mix IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. The ENA DNS client directs host and reverse lookup requests to the specified DNS server. To improve performance, the client caches responses.
- Specify the domain suffix you want to use to identify the domain name in the Domain Suffix field.
- Select the host file to use for the zone from the drop down menu in the Host File to Use field. Host files for each zone can be included from entuity_home\etc\hostfiles on the Entuity server. They are the same format as the operating system's host file.
- Specify the prefix to add to the name of each device in the zone in the Device Name Prefix field. The prefix can have a maximum of 5 characters.
- Click OK to save the zone configuration, otherwise click Cancel.
To edit a zone:
- Select your preferred zone and click Edit in the bottom left of the browser. This will open the Edit Zone window, where you can make the changes you would like to the zone configuration.
- Click OK to save the zone configuration.
To delete a zone:
Note, you cannot delete a zone if there are devices using the zone.
- Select your preferred zone and click Delete in the bottom left of the browser.
- A deletion confirmation message will appear. Click Yes.