Applicable to ENA v18.0 P06 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of ENA, please see this article.
The Configuration Monitoring dashboard allows you to monitor the status of your configurations and their retrieval from the devices and VM platforms on your network.
This is a dynamic dashboard, which means that the types of information displayed will change depending on the selected object type.
- For example, the Configuration Monitoring dashboard will display different types of information depending on if you have selected a View or a device.
- The types of information displayed will be the same across all Views, however.
The Configuration Monitoring dashboard is only applicable to Views, Subviews, devices and VM platforms. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. services, components etc).
Depending on the object you have selected, the dashlets in the Configuration Monitoring are as follows:
For a View or Subview:
- Configuration Monitor Summary - this is a Pie Chart dashlet. It shows the numbers of devices on the View that are monitored, not monitored, or unknown.
- Running vs Startup Config Deviations - this is a Pie Chart dashlet. It shows the numbers of instances with matching configuration files, deviations in configuration files, and unknowns.
- Config Changes Over Time - this is a Chart dashlet. It shows a count of the number of times in (in each time period) that the configuration on your monitored devices has changed.
- Policy Violations Over Time - this is a Chart dashlet. It shows how many policy violation events and how many policy inclusion events have occurred on your monitored devices over time.
- Monitored Devices - this is a Table dashlet. From Entuity v19.0 upwards, this table shows details of each device that has been allocated a license enabling configuration management, including details of each device, including the device type, manufacturer, version, success of the last retrieval and the maximum number of archives. You can edit the columns that are included to the table. Please see this section for further help and information on licensing in Entuity.
For a device or VM platform:
- Configuration Monitor Key Info - this is a Key Info dashlet. This displays displays the configuration monitor status for the selected device or VM platform, along with other details of the configuration such as the last successful running and startup configurations archives and retrievals, transfer method, policy rules and numbers of archives.
- Device Configuration - this is a Device Configurations dashlet. This dashlet displays a history of configurations downloaded from devices and details about them.
- Configuration Changes Over Time - this is a Chart dashlet. It shows a count of the number of times in (in each time period) that the configuration on the selected device has changed.
- Policy Violations Over Time - this is a Chart dashlet. It shows how many policy violation events and how many policy inclusion events have occurred on the selected device over time.
To download running configuration and download startup configuration for a device:
From the Configuration Monitoring dashboard, you can download both the running configuration and the startup configuration for a device.
- Navigate to the Configuration Monitoring dashboard for a device for which you are monitoring configuration.
- In the Device Configuration dashlet, select a configuration.
- From either the buttons at the top of the dashboard or via the right click Context Menu, click Download Running Config or Download Startup Config.
- The selected configuration will be downloaded in a text file.
To edit Configuration Management credentials:
Configuration Management credentials are needed in order to retrieve and compare runnings and startup configuration files from devices. You can enter and edit the credentials for a device directly from the Configuration Monitor dashboard and also from the right click context menu of the device.
- Navigate to the Configuration Monitoring dashboard for your intended device. Click Monitoring Settings at the top of the dashboard. Or you can click Monitoring Settings from the right-click Context Menu from anywhere in the UI.
Configuration Monitoring dashboard:
Right-click Context Menu:
- This will open the Configuration Monitor Settings form. Click the Credential field.
- This will open the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local Config Management credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.