The Key Info dashlet displays information about and the status of a managed object.
The Key Info dashlet is applicable to devices, components, services and VM platforms. It is not applicable to Views or Subviews.
To add a Key Info dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Key Info and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the Key Info cannot have a View or Subview as its data source.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to display the managed object's current status in the Show Current Status field. This option can also be accessed via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to also display the status history in the Show Status History field. If selected you can select the time range in the Default Time Period field below. This option can also be accessed via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to display empty values in the Hide Empty Values field. This option can also be accessed via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Click Done in the top right of the dashlet to save, otherwise click Cancel.
An empty value can indicate a number of states:
- the attribute is not applicable to the current managed object.
- data has not yet been collected for it.
- the data collection has failed.
- the attribute's value is an empty string.