Entuity discovers network objects, the attributes on those objects, and data about those attributes. There can be a time difference between discovering an object and its information being fully displayed. For example, when using autoDiscovery:
- proliferate runs according to the parameters passed to it by autoDiscovery. proliferate discovers a switch, which might only take a few minutes depending on the network.
- After adding the switch to the inventory, the Entuity server then runs object discovery on the switch to determine its attributes. The time taken to do this depends on the server load.
- After discovering the switch attributes, the Entuity server then polls those attributes. Different attribute types have different polling schedules, e.g. switch inventory information is polled every 12 hours, and CPU utilization is polled every 5 minutes.
Factors influencing this time difference:
- After installing Entuity, the time taken for the initial auto discovery varies according to the size of the network. The secondary discovery completes object details, e.g. device links. After the Entuity discovery completes, collection of data for each of the discovered attributes depends upon their polling schedule.
- Adding an AWS VM platform. The virtualization process runs every 60 minutes, so there may potentially be a 60 minute delay before the correct status information is displayed.
- Adding objects that Entuity has previously managed. It may take from 15 minutes upwards for the object to appear, i.e. until Entuity discovery runs. Once discovered, attributes for the objects will be populated only when their collectors run.
- A delay is also possible when you have edited attributes, but have then reset them to use their original discovered values.
Entuity collectors are configured to poll at rates that reflect the likely pace of attribute change. For example, switch inventory data changes only infrequently and is polled every 12 hours, but router traffic data changes more frequently and by default is polled every 3 minutes.
Please contact Entuity Support if you want to amend or discuss amending polling configuration.